Tuesday 9 April 2013

Embroidery Flowered Shortbread Cookies

This is my favorite shortbread cookie recipe. They are melt in your mouth good. It is one of the only recipes I've seen that uses both butter and margarine. Strange right?



Some late night baking with Michelle. I learned a new decorating technique and cookies were the best way to try it out. Plus, I wanted to compare this shortbread recipe to the "Eat Me" cookies I posted a couple weeks ago. 




The overall consensus was that these were better.



Ingrediants:

1/2 cup butter
1/2 margerine
1/2 icing sugar
1/2 cornstarch
1 cup All Purpose flour

1. Cream the butter margerine, butter and sugar together with hand mixer
2. Slowly add cornstarch and flour
3. chill for 30 min
4. drop spoon fulls onto baking sheet
5. Bake for 20-30 min at 400 F (keep an eye on them after 20 min, and take out if edges start to brown)




I used butter cream frosting , but i think it would be way better with a fondant base.




No comments:

Post a Comment