Monday 4 March 2013

My First New York Style Cheesecake

This cake was an emotional ride. I've never had such a nail biting experience watching the oven window and praying for it to bake properly.

My friend Michelle's, favourite dessert of mine is my quick and easy fruit tart, so for her birthday I wanted to supersize and make a large, creamy, fruit filled cheesecake.


The recipe called for a 9x13 dish, but being the avid baker I am I wanted to get good use out of my cheesecake: drop bottom pan. (bad idea) the size and shape meant it took my cheesecake twice as long to cook, and me turning to my friend Amy for emotional support on facebook. 


The cake recipe has a graham cracker crust and is loaded with Philadelphia Cream Cheese.  It also has a cream cheese and heavy cream sauce and is then finished off with strawberry reduction, fresh strawberries, kiwis, and blackberries

New York Baked Cheesecake

 

No comments:

Post a Comment